CleanTelligent Software is a web-based software that helps both in-house and contracted janitorial teams simplify their work order request process and track inspection results. As teams use the software streamline communication it analyzes their performance.
The performance metrics help janitorial teams confirm they are delivering their promised service standards. Which helps teams protect their project margins, increase customer retention, and showcase their results.
As of July 2020, I have worked for CleanTelligent for two years as a public relations and marketing specialist. During this time, I have produced content that positions CleanTelligent Software as the leading SaaS software in the jan/san industry.
- In 2018 I sent a press release to BSM, an industry publication, announcing a contest we hosted at a custodial convention that was designed to drive traffic to our booth, website, and social media channels.
- I re-optimized the solutions pages so that each page clearly explained our product’s features, advantages, and benefits. Additionally, I wrote the industry pages that explain how our software helps teams in specific industries deliver the value of clean.
- For the 2019 ISSA North America trade show, I created a series of videos that announced our showed off the shoes we would wear and explained how our software helps teams manage their janitorial quality control program.
- Once the COVID-19 pandemic hit, I started the #HeroesOfClean hashtag on social media. We will continually use the hashtag to recognize cleaners in specific settings like health care, airports, government buildings, schools, etc.
Another way that we drive traffic to our website is through SEO optimized blog posts. But for me, these blog posts are a way to thank professional cleaners for the vital role they play in healthy communities.
As our software solution offers process improvement, I have enjoyed researching the problems janitorial teams face and offering solutions to these problems. For example:
- The average janitorial contractor loses 25 percent of their customers every year.
- 90 percent of a janitorial team’s budget is allocated to employee labor.
- 63 percent of consumers prefer businesses that maintain their restrooms.
- Sick employees cost US businesses $225.8 billion every year.
- The average janitorial team turns over 100 percent of their employees each year.
If you would like to see the results of each of these pieces of content have driven, check out my LinkedIn profile, and connect with me.